PeaceHealth is seeking an RN - Neurology for a Full Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.15, more depending on experience.
Provides professional nursing care to patients in the clinic/outpatient setting in compliance with professional practice standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures, and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- New graduate or experienced RN (or equivalent education and/or experience).
- 3 years of acute care nursing experience or 1-year neuro experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required at date of hire.
- NIHSS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Certified Neuro RN (CNRN) certification preferred.
- ACLS certification may be required.
- See community specific notes for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
Southwest Medical Center:
- Neurology and Resource Pool – Nursing care of ischemic, TIAs, and non-traumatic hemorrhagic strokes. Performance of NIHSS, nursing bedside swallow screen. Perform stroke patient education utilizing health literacy education principles. Familiar with stroke guideline-driven stroke discharge medications
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity, and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job ID: 2539
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits