The nurses of the Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) provide patient and family centered care in a 16 bed unit, to the patient populations that include: complicated BMT patients, end stage liver disease, end stage renal disease, respiratory failure, sepsis, GI bleeding, palliative care, drug overdose, post Code Blue resuscitation and complicated diabetes management.
Function/Duties of Position
The OHSU Clinical registered nurse (RN) provides compassionate, evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families, communities and patient populations. The Clinical RN's care delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics. The Clinical RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of scientist, leader, and knowledge transferor [Onsomble Model of the Professional Role™]. Professional accountability enriches the Clinical RN's engagement as a leader in promoting an inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making, innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork. The Clinical RN exemplifies the principles of a Culture of Safety by committing to a Just Culture, a Reporting Culture, a Learning Culture, and an Engaged Informed Culture.
- 1-year of current Critical Care experience
- External Applicants:Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing Degree from a program accredited by Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
- Internal Applicants: Associates Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred
- Current, unencumbered Oregon State Registered Nurse License
- Unencumbered criminal background check
- Both BLS/ACLS must be issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network branch of AHA (upload documentation with online application)
- Both BLS/ACLS must not expire during orientation or probation period, and must have the same expiration date (upload documentation with online application)
- Must have excellent communication and reflection skills, the ability to work collaboratively in a team, and the flexibility to delegate, prioritize, and adapt in stressful situations.
- Minimum score of 15/20 on OHSU Adult Critical Care Cluster Interview Evaluation Tool
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Specialty experience: 2-4 weeks
- Experience, but not in specialty area: 4-6 weeks
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MICU - Medical Intensive Care Unit