Function/Duties of Position
The OHSU Clinical registered nurse (RN) provides compassionate, evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families, communities and patient populations. The Clinical RN’s care delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics. The Clinical RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of scientist, leader, practitioner, and knowledge transferor [Onsomble Model of the Professional Role™]. Professional accountability enriches the Clinical RN’s engagement as a leader in promoting an inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making, innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork. The Clinical Nurse exemplifies the principles of a Culture of Safety by committing to a Just Culture, a Reporting Culture, Learning Culture, and an Engaged Informed Culture.
- External Applicants: Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from a program accredited by Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
- Current OHSU employees: ADN minimum, BSN preferred
- Communication skills including fluency in oral and written English.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to send/receive email, navigate information technology associated with the position, and use Electronic Health Record information and tools.
- Current unencumbered Oregon RN license.
- Current BLS certification issued by the American Heart Association or the Military Training Network
- Minimum 2 years current operating room experience
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Specialty certification preferred CNOR
- Pediatric OR experience
- Level one trauma experience
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner