The Apheresis Department regular service hours are from 0700 - 1530 Monday thru Friday with limited on-call service until 2400 Monday thru Friday and 0700 - 2400 on Saturday and Sunday. The role of the Apheresis RN is to provide Apheresis procedures and nursing care during the procedures. Scheduling is flexible with call being shared among FTE and Resource staff. Apheresis RN's provide services to pediatric and adult patient population serving both hospital and clinics.
The OHSU Clinical registered nurse (RN) provides compassionate, evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families, communities and patient populations. The Clinical RN's care delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics. The Clinical RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of scientist, leader, and knowledge transferor [Onsomble Model of the Professional Role™]. Professional accountability enriches the Clinical RN's engagement as a leader in promoting an inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making, innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork. The Clinical RN exemplifies the principles of a Culture of Safety by committing to a Just Culture, a Reporting Culture, a Learning Culture, and an Engaged Informed Culture.
· Current, unencumbered Oregon State RN license
· BLS certification issues by the American Heart Association or the Military Training Network
· External applicants: BSN required; Internal ONA applicants: BSN preferred
· Must have graduated from a Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited program, or National League for Nursing (NLN) accredited program for nurse educator roles
· Experience in apheresis procedures preferred
· Three years acute care hospital experience
· Experience with all types of vascular access devices including PIV placement skills, Port-a-cath access, Apheresis catheters, care and maintenance of all types of vascular access devices
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
INS, VA-BC, Oncology certification
· New Grads: (Not qualified)
· Specialty Experience: Orientation plan developed after skills evaluation
· Experience, but not in specialty area: Orientation plan developed after skills evaluation
· Resource: Depending on related experience, orientation plan developed after skills evaluation