Duke Health Highlights:
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Clinic 2H (Endo/Bronch) at Duke University Hospital seeks to hire a Clinical Nurse II who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together!
Clinic 2H at Duke University Hospital is an outpatient clinic focused on Endo/Bronch Procedures. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time. Ideal applicants will have the ability to establish a strong rapport with patients and families by phone, to coordinate services, to provide education and nursing care to patients and families in the clinic setting and be able to communicate effectively with a multidisciplinary team. We are seeking a talented, energetic and professional LPN who can multi-task, is punctual, is a team player and provides exceptional customer service and patient care!
- Assume responsibilities for direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician in patient care area.
- Administer medications, IV medications/fluids and special nursing care techniques prescribed for assigned patients.
- Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the LPN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Maintain required records.
- Report patient response to care to a registered nurse for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care.
- Assist other health care personnel in the delivery of patient care.
- Assist physicians and other nursing personnel in the performance of various diagnostic procedures.
- Evaluate nursing care with emphasis on nursing procedures and patient responses; assist in the delivery of nursing care and selection of nursing priorities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of general policies and procedures to provide for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients; participate in the formulation of new policies.
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and other material resources.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and assists in performance improvement activities.
- Assist with control of material resources and maintenance; assist in appraisal of effectiveness of material and equipment and report any equipment malfunctions to charge nurse.
- Participate in in-service education programs and other conferences within the service.
- Assist in the training of new employees.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Current State of North Carolina LPN licensure
- 1+ years of previous LPN experience
- BCLS certification
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
- Requisition Number: 12044
- Department: DUKE HOSPITAL
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: Full Time
- Specialty: Licensed Practical Nurse