The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Critical thinker9
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
ProMedica is a locally-owned, nonprofit health system providing quality health care services to 27 counties in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We’re a network of hospitals, physicians, health care professionals, researchers, and specialty clinics and facilities. We offer a full range of diagnostic, medical, and surgical specialties in areas such as emergency medicine and trauma, heart and vascular, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, women’s services, and children’s services.
Under direction and according to established policies and procedures, the RN - Charge Nurse, ensures provision of quality patient care, coordinates the duties of the assigned shift, and communicates with other health care personnel having an impact on patient care. As a leader and role model demonstrates behavior that supports management and administration in the achievement of goals and objectives set by the organizational strategic plan while providing exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program and possess a registered nurse license in the State of Michigan.
- Must have BCLS and ACLS certification.
- Current annual requirements of CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) as indicated by unit requirement , N-95, PPD, net learning as indicated by unit.
- Basic computer skills such as hospital patient care systems, word, excel or the ability to learn such.
- Must have at least 2 years nursing experience, preferably medical/surgical nursing, which should include demonstrated management ability.
- Must possess leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue and perform leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
- Must have Clinical expertise, theoretical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to perform principle duties and responsibilities. Utilizes creative thinking, is self-directed and utilizes problem-solving and decision-making abilities and skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal calmly and effectively with multiple activities involved in the operation of the unit.