Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the adult or elderly patient’s immediate condition or needs within timeframe specified by client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols.
- Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by the adult or elderly patient’s condition and/or the client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols and reprioritizes care accordingly.
- Develops plan of care that is individualized for the adult or elderly patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the adult or elderly patient and his/her family.
- Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the adult or elderly patient and his/her family.
- Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
- Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to adult resuscitation protocols.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the adult or elderly patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
- Maintains current competency in adult medical surgical nursing.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, with current licensure in state practicing in good standing in the state of practice
- Evidence of Minimum Two years of current hospital experience.
- Evidence of current BLS credential mandatory