Provide direct patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed Nurse.
Patient care plan is carried out as directed.
Patient physical care is provided such as bed bath, toileting, grooming, changing bed linen, etc. per established guidelines.
Patient general care is provided such as positioning, lifting and turning, and using adaptive and transfer equipment per established guidelines.
Patient monitoring activities such as vital signs and blood glucose are performed per established guidelines.
Patients are prepared for meals, assisting when appropriate to meet patients’ need.
Patient rounds are performed regularly and call lights are answered promptly to meet patients’ needs.
Patient care is documented in a timely manner adhering to established standards.
Patient room clutter is organized to make best use of space and clean environment.
Specimens are obtained and labeled consistent with established procedures.
Mentoring and teaching is provided for new nursing assistants to meet performance expectations.
Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant at time of hire within the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network or within 120 days of employment if enrolled in a sponsored program and must remain active thereafter, OR
- Nursing student currently enrolled in a formal nursing program and has successfully completed at least one clinical rotation. Must become certified within 120 days from employment start date.
- Certified Nursing Assistants employed as of June 1, 2018 with ten (10) or more years of service in this role are exempt from this requirement except for SRB which requires certification due to mandated DPH regulatory requirement.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a nursing assistant preferred.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills with the English language.
- Must demonstrate basic skills in math and computer science.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform, modify, and record all physical therapy skills with relevance to appropriate thoroughness and sequencing.
- Healthcare Provider CPR certification required.
- Knowledge of DPH/OEMS regulations.
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
- Attention to detail.