- Appropriately assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care, specific to population served
- Follows policies/procedures, clinical practice standards pertinent to care, including emergency situations
- Matches formal knowledge with clinical events to make decisions
- Demonstrates the ability to provide competent, effective care
- Seeks validation for clinical decisions, integrates input from other clinicians for decision making
- Prioritizes and organizes work appropriately to effectively meet patient needs
- Appropriately delegates to and supervises team members based on assessment of competencies, within scope of practice to ensure appropriate implementation of care
- Collaborates & communicates relevant patient data to appropriate persons clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing (e.g. handoffs)
- Effectively develops teaching plan and regularly integrates teaching into patient care
- Recognizes available resources/tools for meeting patient/family needs
- Completes assignments in an efficient and timely manner, requesting and utilizing resources appropriately
- Documents patient assessment, plan, interventions and response in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
- Communicates with Nurse Manager/ or designee about availability and management of supplies, system equipment and personnel resources at unit/department level
- Demonstrates contribution to unit-based programs and strategies to monitor and continuously improve the quality of patient care
- Optimizes use of staff (overtime, agency, skill mix, etc.) based on unit census and patient acuity
- Shows commitment to learning new knowledge and skills to enhance service to patients/ families and achieve organizational goals
- Implements and validates practices based upon current nursing evidence
- Advances the profession by assisting in clinical education and orientation of other staff and students; may function as preceptor for new staff
- Uses available resources to answer questions in regards to best practices, reflects upon practices on an ongoing basis
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in processes of care and other improvements at a unit level
- Actively participates in the collection and use of data and/or evaluation relative to unit-based performance improvements
UNIT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in selection of and completes all unit-specific competencies
- Articulates Nursing Sensitive Indicators and quality goals for unit and describes role in accomplishing expectations; describes role and participates in quality improvement initiatives.
- Call rotation responsibility as assigned. Provides alternate coverage for planned time off.
- Provides care for patients under all areas of Cardiovascular Services
Experience Minimum Required
- More than 1-year RN, with > 2000 hrs work experience.
- Graduate of accredited nursing program with RN licensure. Experience Preferred/Desired
- One-year RN in acute care hospital setting. Prior Critical Care Experience.
Education Minimum Required
- RN program completion with Registered Nurse License (NH).
- Education Preferred/Desired
- BSN or enrollment in BSN program
Special Skills Minimum Required
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
- On Call Experience, CCRN, RCIS