About Actriv Healthcare Inc.
We are a patient-centric organization on a mission to help healthcare facilities meet their patient care goals. Caring is the foundation of our culture and what sets us apart. Hence Inc Magazine recognized Actriv Healthcare as the No.1 fastest growing Staffing company in America in the Inc 5000 annual list.
Actriv is looking for nurses to join our growing team! As an Actriv nurse you’ll have access to shifts at a variety of facilities. The Actriv app allows you the freedom to choose shifts that fit your schedule and interests. A nurse can work for us full-time or part-time.
Registered Nurse - PCU
· Dental insurance
· Health insurance
· Vision insurance
Per Diem, Travel Or Contract
Shifts: Day Shift, Evening, NOC (Nights), Weekends (10hrs x 4 days; 8hrs x 5 days; 12hrs x 3 days)
Client Settings: Skilled Nursing, Post-Acute, Rehabilitation, Behavioral Health, Assisted Living and Memory Care, Hospice Clinics, Hospitals, Correctional Facilities, Schools, and Urgent Care
It is the responsibility of a staff Registered Nurse under the supervision of a RN Manager, RN Supervisor, RN Assistant Director of Nursing, RN Director of Nursing, and Administrator to perform routine treatments and services in the delivery of care to the residents. A RN must serve as a staff nurse, and at times, a charge nurse on the floor and is responsible for daily work assignments of the LPN’s, LVN’s, and Nursing Assistants. An RN will provide information for the valuations of nursing assistants, and LPN’s concerning performance appraisals and in educating, consoling, or listening to families and residents.
1. Is aware of areas that make residents subject to abuse and prevents such abuse.
2. Maintains open lines of communication among the nursing shifts, and departments, supervisors, physicians, and families.
3. Is aware of safety issues and strives to accomplish all responsibilities in a safe manner, consistently reinforces good safety attitudes and practices displayed by other staff members.
4. Controls, prepares, and administer treatments and medications with knowledge of purpose and adverse effects of the nursing care provided.
5. Functions of a knowledgeable and supportive committee members upon request by the Director of Nursing to maintain high levels of healthcare.
6. Complete all documentation for assessments, observations, planning evaluation, orders by physicians and care provided to residents.
7. Utilize professional assessment skills to identify physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of residents, patients and is able to develop a care plan to meet these needs in a multi-disciplinary approach.
8. Functions in a supervisor capacity as assigned for the completion of a residents and Patients care, employee’s guidelines and disciplines, and maintenance of a positive environment.
9. Functions as a resource person and mentor to peers and subordinates to maintain professional nursing standards.
10. Acts on patients, resident’s behalf to assure patient rights and is aware of and prevents resident’s abuse.
1. Able to work as a team member.
2. Able to maintain confidential information.
3. Able to communicate effectively with the company personnel, residents, patients, and families
4. Able to handle occasional physical and verbal abuse from residents and handle it in an appropriate professional manner at all times.
5. Able to supervise (instruct, assign work, etc.) Nursing Assistants, LPV’s, and LVN’s.
1. Able to us RN nursing skills as described by the Board of Nurse per state licensure.
Education & Experience:
1. High School Education
2. Current RN Licensure
3. CPR Certification
4. Must maintain CEU requirements as required by the board of nursing.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
1. Physical Activity
· Able to perform medium work (exerting up to 50 pounds of force)
· Near clarity vision of 20 inches or less.
· Able to perform the following physical activities: standing, push/pulling, grasping, sitting, repetitive motions, Stooping, walking and talking.
1. Exposure to noise of agitated patients.
2. Exposure to significant work pace/pressure.
3. Exposure to chemicals/disinfectants.
4. Exposure to bodily fluids.
5. Work in well-lighted, heated, air-conditioned building.
1. Read listen to nurse’s report on resident’s status.
2. Chart weekly and monthly Medicare residents.
3. And output (I/O)
4. Write and or tape report.
5. Attend scheduled quarterly care plans meetings.
6. Process transfer of residents into and out to the hospital.
7. Administer medications and treatments.
8. Administer NG and gastrostomy tube feedings.
9. Administer fleet enemas and suppositories.
10. Change colostomy bags.
11. Check vital signs.
12. Check residents for injuries after falls.
13. Do accu checks when ordered or indicated.
14. Perform physical assessments, inspect, escalate palpate.
15. Check any skin problems of the residents.
16. Assess all aspects of a residents needs using holistic approach.
17. Take telephone orders from doctors.
18. Call families about the condition of the residents.
19. Order medications.
20. Give report to Nursing Assistants.
21. Supervise and assign tasks to Nursing Assistants.
22. Be available to assists Nursing Assistants when problems arise.
23. Supervise during meal times.
24. Assures that all staff accidents are investigated, a cause determined, and appropriate corrective action implemented
· All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonable accommodate individuals with known disabilities (unless to do so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the facility).
· This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions needed to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Current state license as an RN.
Graduate of an accredited program of practical nursing.
Proof of current CPR, HCA and Food Handlers certification.
Ability to work flexible schedules.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, PRN, Per diem, Travel nursing
Salary: $66.50 per hour
Work Location: In person