As a key member of the clinical team, the Advanced Practitioner will provide the full scope of primary care services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients. Patient care will be provided on-site as well as virtually.
Leveraging virtual care solutions, the Advanced Practitioner will collaborate with internal teams to communicate with and treat patients in a telehealth setting. This individual should be comfortable with change and interested in working in an evolving environment where tools to provide care are frequently updated and improved.
What You’ll Work On
- Diagnosing and treating patients via telemedicine or in-person, including recommending suitable treatment plans and considering cost-effective treatment modalities
- Collaborating with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Maintaining continuity of care between physician visits.
- Maintaining and reviewing patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posting tests and examination results.
- Counseling for each patient on a wellness plan; providing medical and wellness education (facilitated by members of the Integrated Care team)
- Prescribing medication in accordance with Massachusetts statute and professional practice guidelines
- Collaborating with specialty care as appropriate
- Reviewing incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray , EKG) sign, date and follow up in a timely manner
- Participating in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings
- Assisting in updating/implementing protocols and principles of practice as requested