National Lutheran is doing something fantastic! We have created an amazing, genuine, and caring culture. Would you like to be a part of our We CARE team? We value our team members and strive to ensure they experience the same genuine CARE that we provide to our customers. Our team members embody the word CARE in every way—from serving seniors and families to interactions with one another.
What’s in it for you:
* A We CARE culture of creating smiles, attending to details, respecting everyone, and embodying excellence
* Competitive compensation
* Tuition Reimbursement
Our full time team members enjoy:
* Generous PTO plan
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* 403(b) retirement plan
If you are looking for a rewarding career in more ways than one, join us in setting the new standard for service with We CARE!
The MDS/QAPI Manager is responsible for coordinating the development and completion of the resident assessment process in accordance with the requirements of Federal and State regulations, as well as National Lutheran Communities & Services policies and procedures. In addition, this position functions as the infection control preventionist for the Health Center. This Manager will oversee the clinical key performance indicators (metrics) tracking and follow-up for the monthly QAPI meeting. Some responsibilities include:
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assures Coordination of individualized plan of care by and with the interdisciplinary team (IDT).
- Responsible for leading, guiding, assuring completion and assuring compliance with the resident MDS assessments and plan of care process.
- Instructs IDT and nursing team members on appropriate documentation and/or implementation and is responsible for assuring appropriate work techniques, assignments and/or performance.
- Is accountable for monitoring and assuring legal and regulatory compliance within scope of role.
- Directs resident care plan conferences.
- Responsible to the exercise of discretion and independent judgement Responsible for the infection control program
- Completes the infection control log sheet in a timely manner with information of all residents identified with infectious disease. Including monthly summary and analysis of identified cases
- Serves as the designated infection prevention and control officer (IPCO) per CMS regulations.
- Updates the Department of Health of infections affecting more than one resident and showing trends for appropriate intervention/action.
- Supports policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NLCS.
- Manages, the MDS schedule, which includes coordination with IDT, date selection for reimbursement, and maintaining regulatory compliance of time frames for MDS documentation timeframes.
- Generates and distributes monthly MDS calendar to the interdisciplinary team.
- Generates MDS assessments and obtains required signatures involved in completing assessments; audits MDS for completeness.
- Transmits electronic copy of assessments to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). Reconciles all transmission to CMS.
- Serves as QAPI Manager which includes leading monthly committee meetings, maintaining the agenda and minutes, serving as the nursing representative in QAPI/issues/topics and overseeing/Managing the campus QAPI dashboard.
- Participates in on-call rotation for OWHC management. Occasionally covers OWHC as a floor nurse.
- Participates in employee orientation as the Nursing Administration representative Review referrals for LTC and skilled rehab admissions.
- Attends daily interdisciplinary meetings
- Participates in Nursing Administration responsibilities.
- Responsible for making independent decisions on significant matters.
- Conducts interviews of Nurses, Certified Nursing Aides, and Certified Medication Aides.
- Makes Nursing Services budgetary recommendations; identify department cost savings.
The Village at Orchard Ridge400 Clocktower Ridge Dr.Winchester, Virginia 22603United States