We are currently looking for CNAs / Certified Nursing Assistants
to join our staffing team and work in and around the Portland area
in assisted living facility settings. Currently looking to fill ALL shifts Monday through Friday and weekends. Pay rate varies per shifts- DAY, EVE, and NOC. To be discussed during interview.
The CNA / Certified Nursing Assistant
is responsible for the tasks of personal care and incidental activities of daily living for clients/patients of all ages in inpatient facilities such as hospitals, skilled nursing, extended care, assisted living, and other levels of care. The CNA / Certified Nursing Assistant
performs care and delegated tasks as directed by the nursing plan of care and/or supervisor as permitted by policies and procedures of the facility and allowed under state laws and regulations.
Essential Functions include:
- Provides for patient’s personal hygiene, grooming, and comfort needs, i.e., toileting and elimination, baths, back rubs, shampoos, shaves, bed baths, tub baths or showers, skin and nail care, and oral hygiene.
- Promotes a safe environment during care.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and use of personnel protective equipment.
- Observes and reports the condition of patient/client to the appropriate supervisor.
- Works in a team environment to effectively deliver the care and assistance to patients and staff.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and range of motion exercises.
- Performs patient-related procedures such as but not limited to: measuring and documenting intake and output; blood glucose monitoring; urine specimen collections; measurements of vital signs; and weight.
- Administers non-medicated enemas, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths.
- Safely applies and monitors the safe use of physical restraints as directed.
- Transports patients and equipment within the facility as necessary.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent and successful completion of Nursing Assistant course and Nurse Assistant certification as required by state in which employed.
- A student RN in the last year of school or an unlicensed RN/LPN/LVN graduate may be eligible for employment as a Nurse’s Aide as allowable under state law/regulation.
- One (1) year experience in a comparable job classification and/or as required by contracted facility.
- Pass criminal and abuse background checks, when required by the State(s) in which employed.
- Evidence of current CPR/BLS training for infants, children and adults.
CNA | Certified Nursing Assistant | Resident Aide | Personal Care Aide | Assisted Living Facility | ALF | Supplemental Staffing | Part-Time | Portland | Weekdays | Weekends, NOC | Eves, Day
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- In-Office Orientation
- OregonSaves Program
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. ©2019 Interim HealthCare Inc.
- Job City: Portland
- Job State: OR
- Employee Type: Part Time
- Min Salary: $18.50
- Max Salary: $18.50
- Compensation Type: Hourly