The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility.
- Participate in the development of a written plan of care for each resident and review resident’s medical and nursing treatments to ensure they are in accordance with the resident’s care plan and wishes.
- Complete the planning, scheduling and revising of the MDS, including the implementation of CAA’s and Triggers.
- Make daily rounds to ensure that all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments.
- Review nurses’ notes to ensure that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided and the resident’s response to care and wishes.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all facility personnel to ensure that the needs of the resident are met.
- Participate in reviews of the discharge plans and prepare reports for the Care Plan Committee as directed.
- Delegate, train, evaluate and support RN, LPN and CNA personnel.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services and fill in as needed.
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
- Make recommendations for new or changes in procedures, policies, methods, education, reference material and general nursing practices to ensure the highest level of quality patient care is given.
- Attend continuing education programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, and participate in/provide leadership for in-service training for nursing personnel.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in this state.
- Must have a minimum 1 year of experience as a supervisor in a healthcare setting.
- Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer documentation systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Manager, Nurse Manager, SNF - Skilled Nursing
Facility Licensed Nursing Home Administrator - Robb Melcher email@example.com
Director of Nursing Services, RN - Karla Lenow firstname.lastname@example.org