Hiring PT and FT Caregivers and MT's.
Summary: Assists nurses by performing various basic care activities related to services essential to caring for the personal needs and comfort of resident.
Our team members demonstrate the core values of the community every day.
• Safety – We work safely for ourselves and our residents.
• Residents – Our residents are the priority
• Communication – We are open and honest with our communication
• Integrity – We do the right thing, every time.
• Respect –We genuinely care for others. We respect every person and every role.
• Empowerment – We enable our residents and team members to make decisions.
• Accountability - We take responsibility for ourselves and our results
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Observes residents’ mental, physical or emotional status and reports any changes.
• Follows service plans by reviewing current status of daily reports, attending meetings and reading service plans.
• Provides routine updates and reports to supervisor after every shift.
• Responds promptly and appropriately to emergency situations.
• Obtains and records residents' vital signs and weight.
• Under direction of the nurse applies compresses, ice bags, hot water bottles.
• Observes residents and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
• Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from residents for testing. Prepares or examines food trays for prescribed diet and feeds residents.
• Records food intake as required.
• Bathes, dresses, and assists residents in walking, transferring, and turning.
• Cleans rooms, makes beds, and answers residents' calls.
• Responds to resident inquiries And directs inquiries to the appropriate person.
• Practices basic infection control with linens, trash removal, resident changes and handwashing. • Assists with meal service and light housekeeping as required.
• Maintains working knowledge of fire and disaster plans, acts accordingly in situations.
• Attends all in services or monthly staff meetings. May complete training online as directed.
• Assists with resident activities as needed.
• Maintains working knowledge of resident rights.
• Reports unethical, dishonest or illegal behavior. • Other duties as assigned.