Healthcare, Dental, Vision and PTO
Responsible for ensuring the delivery of efficient and effective nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and resident/family satisfaction in accordance with accepted standards of practice, state and federal regulations and licensing requirements. Operates within the scope of practice defined by the state Nurse Practice Act. Responsible for resident care and direction of nursing care during assigned shift; includes staff assignments, mentoring and educating nursing personnel, working with physicians and other medical professionals. Come join our family today! We offer on the spot interviews at 3326 Burgoyne St, Dallas, TX 75233, USA or call ahead to schedule a face to face interview (214) 330-9291
• Conduct the daily nursing functions in accordance with Company, State, Federal and local rules, regulations, and guidelines.
• Admit, transfer and discharge residents with documentation regarding care and service provided.
• Participate in the ordination of new residents/family members to the facility.
• Participate in facility surveys (inspections) as scheduled.
• Ensures delivery of high-quality, positive clinical outcomes, and resident/family satisfaction during shift.
• Serves as a resource to all staff within the facility regarding the quality of services provided.
• Ability to administer medications and treatment timely and according to facility policy; Demonstrates ability to receive, transcribe, and carry out physician orders, if allowed by Nurse Practice Act.
• Effectively manages nursing personnel on shift to limit use of overtime and agency personnel.
• Assesses the work performance of nursing staff as it relates to unit standards of care and goals.
• Conducts unit huddles to promote communication programs and provides updates to DON.
• Participates in shift-to-shift communication between incoming and outgoing nursing staff.
• Coordinates shift assignments, resident assignments, rest and meal break for Certified Nurse’s Aides.
• Collaborates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with individual’s needs, choices, and preferences.
• Assumes nursing administrative responsibilities of the center for weekend and holiday coverage as requested.
• Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet state staffing requirements and/or needs of residents.
• Ensures timely and accurate compliance of the MDS process and that it reflects the resident’s plan of care.
• Ensures Point Click Care (PCC) is utilized according the company process.
• Ensures that physician orders are followed as prescribed.
• Effectively carries out medication management to ensure adequate supplies and that all medications are handled in accordance with company policy.
• Ensures that resident's attending physician and family or responsible party are promptly notified of any significant change in the resident's health condition.
• Ensures complete and prompt reporting of incidents, accidents, and adverse events to Administrator and Director of Nursing. Ensures that resident's accident/incident, adverse event and grievances/concerns are fully documented, investigated, reported and addressed in accordance with company policies and procedures and the Federal/State rules and regulations.
• Investigates resident/family complaints and takes appropriate actions to bring to resolution.
• Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the Company Infection Control Manual.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the care interventions, identifies problems and trends and develops alternative interventions.
• Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program and licensed in the state of practice, required.
• Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility preferred.
• Current BLS/CPR certification (All SNFs; ALFs as required by state).