St. Luke’s Health System in Boise is seeking a Credentialed Medical Assistant to join our Boise Heart-Electrophysiology team.
The Boise Heart Clinic specializes in abnormal heart rhythms. The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting licensed providers with patient care. Has working knowledge and skills developed through formal training, which includes learning about pacemakers and defibrillators. Works within established policies and procedures.
Option of either 4 -10 hour shifts, 4 - 9 hours shifts with a 4 hour ½ day, or 5- 8 hour shifts
Our clinic is located downtown Boise. Occasional travel is required to our partner clinics in Nampa, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Fruitland.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients’ charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Sterilizes, cleans, and performs checks on medical equipment.
- Prepares patients for examination.
- Provides technical, clinical, and clerical support to licensed independent provider.
- Performs medical procedures within scope of roles and responsibilities.
- Processes prescription medication for refill under the supervision of a licensed independent provider.
- Assists licensed independent provider in patient exams and office procedures.
- Prepares basic laboratory tests on premises and prepares laboratory specimens.
- Enters diagnostic or medication orders under the direction of a licensed independent provider.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: 0 years’ experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current recognized National Certification as a Medical Assistant and American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification