Location: 8800 N Tryon St., CHS University, Charlotte, NC
Duration: 13 weeks
Responsibilities as per below
- Labor and delivery nurse jobs involve caring for women and newborns during the antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum and neonatal stages of the childbirth process.
- L&D RNs provide support and monitor the mother`s and baby`s vital signs during labor birth and manage a variety of potential issues that may arise.
- Labor and delivery nursing jobs also include providing support and education to mothers and their families after giving birth.
- Typically, L&D nurses work in hospitals, clinics and maternity or birthing centers.
- Work requires walking standing sitting lifting reaching stooping bending pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients medical equipment and supplies.
- Intact sense of sight hearing smell and touch.
- Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions.
- Physical Abilities Testing required.
Certification and License:
- Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License
- Compact states current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.
- Primary Source Verification Required.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association.
- NRP Required
- FHM Required
Shift and Schedules:
- Shift 7p-7a 13 week assignment Hospital Green Scrubs Provided Primary location Cabarrus; required to float to Cabarrus, Main, Pineville, Union, University. BLS required NRP required