As part of our rapidly expanding Oncology program, this position provides an exciting opportunity for an experienced Oncology nurse interested in joining a dynamic and engaged Head & Neck Thoracic team.
- The incumbent will work closely with other clinical and administrative staff to coordinate and facilitate the care of Oncology patients in a fast-paced, ambulatory practice.
- Direct patient care responsibilities include various clinical skills (accessing Mediports, rooming, assisting with clinic procedures, triaging, etc.), responding to patient telephone inquiries and coordinating patient care with Infusion Therapy and across the healthcare continuum.
It is important that the ideal candidate have prior oncology and/or medical office experience as well as excellent communication and relationship-building skills. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity with future growth potential.
- Position Summary
Under the direction of physicians, this position is responsible for assisting with total patient care by performing clinical duties, responding to patient telephone inquiries, and coordinating care both at the office and at outside facilities. An Ambulatory Care RN II is the competent nurse who has at least one year of professional nursing experience in acute or ambulatory care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing.
- License/Certifications: Active State of Maine Nursing License or eligible for licensure. BSN preferred. Current BLS required.
- Experience: Minimum one year nursing experience required.
- Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure and functions; and community resources.
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
- Ability to read and interpret physicians orders and notes from other providers.
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results.
- Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Adhere to all RN I requirements
- In accordance with the Ambulatory Care Nursing Advancement Program, a RN II who meets or exceeds all of the criteria and requirements at the 12 month performance evaluation date may apply for RN III designation.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
- Scarborough, ME
- Maine Medical Partners
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 132508