For a limited time MMC is offering up to $20,000 Sign on bonus
for all eligible experienced Nurses!
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time MMC RN position on or after 08/20/20 and have greater than 3 years (36 months) of RN work experience. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Bonus is paid out in three installments – First month of employment, completion of one year of employment and completion of 2nd year of employment. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
Maine Medical Center has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Clinical Nurse II to join an innovative program focusing on the prevention of delirium in hospitalized older adults. The Elder Life Nurse Specialist (ELNS) is an integral member of the team in operating the Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP). In this role, the selected candidate will:
- Evaluate and enroll older adult inpatients at risk of developing delirium and other complications into the Hospital Elder Life Program.
- Provide support and education to hospital staff on geriatric syndromes
- Participate in interdisciplinary team rounds for inpatient geriatrics and on inpatient units
- Provide clinical support to the Elder Life Specialist as well as perform assessments related to medications, mobility and nutrition, making recommendations as appropriate
- Position Summary
- The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred. Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year. Required to matriculate within 1 year of hire into a BSN program and will within 5 years of hire complete the BSN degree.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I. Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of employment.
- Demonstrates a caring nursing practice and promotes a healing environment for patients and families.
- Demonstrates the required knowledge and technical skills to care for most patient populations on the unit.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
- In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to seeking advancement to Level III.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Part Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 134020