Serving Chicago’s northwest suburbs since 1959, NCH is a not-for-profit healthcare system dedicated to providing outstanding care in the communities we call home. Our comprehensive, patient-centered system of care has dozens of locations throughout the area. Together, we serve more than 200,000 outpatients and treat more than 20,000 inpatients annually. Our hospital houses a Level III NICU, Level II Trauma Center and a dedicated pediatric emergency department.
In January 2021, we joined NorthShore University HealthSystem. Headquartered in Evanston, NorthShore is a fully integrated healthcare delivery system that includes 6 hospitals—Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park, Skokie, Swedish and now NCH. Together, the NorthShore system provides clinical excellence and community-focused care across Chicagoland.
Our award-winning care has been recognized on a national level. Some of our top awards include:
- America’s 250 Best Hospitals™ Award for four years in a row from Healthgrades® (2017–2020)
- Magnet® designation for nursing excellence, received consecutively since 2006
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and Comprehensive Stroke Center designation
LEVELS OF CARE
No two patient visits are the same. That’s why we provide you with access to the right level of care at the right location for each visit. To ensure quality service for you and your loved ones, our system offers you a full range of treatment options based on your health needs.
JOIN OUR TEAM.
Community is not just part of our name, it’s at the core of who we are. We’re always looking for exceptionally talented individuals to work with us at NCH. Our goal is to continuously improve the well-being of those in our community through focused, impactful care. We have openings for full-time, part-time and hourly positions at many of our locations throughout the northwest suburbs. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life, we’d love to talk to you.
We offer comprehensive benefits for both full-time and part-time employees (20 or more hours per week). Other benefits include paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, tax-sheltered annuities, discounted Wellness Center memberships and much more!
WHY WORK FOR NCH?
- A challenging and rewarding environment with ample growth opportunities
- Competitive wages and excellent employee benefits
- Over 60 years of experience in the community, including outreach programs and complimentary services
- Re-designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence by American Nurses Credentialing Center (2015–2019)
- Nationally recognized for specialty medical services including stroke, GI, and ear, nose and throat.
See all awards
- A diverse staff of more than 4,000—including over 1,200 physicians
See more NCH Facts
When you join our family, we treat you like family. Our benefits package is designed to make sure you’re well taken care of financially, medically and personally. This, combined with a work environment that will challenge and reward your efforts, makes NCH an exceptional place to call home. This summary of our benefits is for full- and part-time (20 hours/week) employees.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Consumer-Driven Healthcare (CDH)
- HMO Blue Advantage
- Prescription drug program
- Dental PPO plan
- Dental HMO plan
- Fully-insured vision plan
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
- For both health and dependent care
- 1x annual base salary (minimum $50,000 at no cost to the employee)
- Option to purchase up to 4x annual base salary
- Option to purchase life insurance for spouse and/or dependent
- Short-term disability insurance is provided at no cost to employees with an option to purchase supplemental coverage
- Long-term disability insurance is provided at no cost to full-time employees and available to purchase for part-time employees
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Three-year vesting in the 401(k) employer match
PAID TIME PLAN (PTP)
- Competitive paid time plan, which includes vacation, sick and personal time
- Six paid holidays for eligible employees
OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDED
- Adoption benefit
- Bereavement leave
- Credit Union (HealthCare Associates Credit Union)
- Daycare discount
- Direct deposit
- Educational reimbursement
- Employee health services
- Employee service awards
- Family Assistance Program
- Free parking
- Free shuttle (to and from the train station)
- Home/auto insurance
- Hyatt Legal Services
- NCH Perks Program (employee discounts on a variety of goods and services, locally and nationwide)
- Pet insurance
- Subsidized meals
- Voluntary portable benefits
- Wellness Center discount